Sunday, March 1, 2009

to the recliner I go

Well, it's 11:11pm and I'm laying here on P's Lazy Boy recliner from my iPhone... attempting a better nights sleep. At the end of my pregnancy with Will I found myself on this very same recliner. Only difference was my supportive husband was sleeping on the couch out here with me. My mom is being the supportive one this time, sleeping on the couch. Last time I was so excited to be at the end, to meet our little man and to be comfortable again! While it's a different excitment this time around, I'm not estatic D-Day is around the corner. I just want to hurry up, have her and get home. I wish I could go to sleep, wake up and be home with my little boy and baby girl... But until then- the Lazy Boy is my new bed while I sit awake and think how it should be Patrick snoring on the couch out here in the family room with me. I know that if he was here, that's exactly where he'd want to be.

15 comments:

Shana said...

Oh Erynn, I'm sending hugs your way! Patrick should be there next to you. At least you have a wonderful mother. I hope you get some rest! xoxo

Shelley said...

Sleeping is the worst at the end of the pg.. I hope you get some rest. lots of hugs...

Anonymous said...

I'm sending a big virtual hug your way Erynn! Good luck getting a few nights of good sleep these last couple of weeks. And thank God for supportive moms...I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Amber said...

Thinking of you and hope you get some sleep on there. xoxo

jenni from the blog said...

you're almost there. just 2 weeks from tomorrow :) we all wish it were patrick there with you as well.... but you're mom is so sweet to be staying with you.

big hugs. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I wish Patrick was there on the couch too. What a wonderful mom you have. Thinking of you xoxo

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Hugs Erynn. I'm so glad you have your family close by. I know it's not the same though.

Courtney said...

I so wish Patrick was there with you, but I don't doubt for a second that he isn't. xoxo

Jennifer said...

The end is near! Patrick should so be there with you. And I know he wishes he was.

Melissa said...

I hope you are getting better night sleep. These next two weeks are going to go by so fast and then you will have your baby girl. I can only wish that P was there with you. Hugs.

Amber said...

Congratulations Erynn!

Jill said...

As I continue to read, I can't help but cry... you are so strong. You're an amazing mom and someday your children will adore you for the things you are doing for them.

This is so hard but keep your mom close and hug her everyday!

Tabbie:) said...

Your story is so inspirational.
Can't wait to see pics of your new baby girl.
Hang in there.

Pamela said...

congrats on your new baby girl!!! don't worry- Patrick is there.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via Kristals blog. Just wanted to tell you that my heart aches for you. I'm not sure I could be as strong as you are being. You and your family are in my prayers.