Wednesday, July 8, 2009

july the 8th

Today marks half a year since I last saw him, last hugged him, last kissed him goodbye. So much has happened since then that he has missed. His daughter's birth, his son learning to hit a baseball of a tee and so much in between. Six months ago I couldn't even picture where I am now, six months into this nightmare. Now, here we are. I often say, "I wish I could just fast forward through this part." Yet a part of me knows I have to get through this part, as much as it hurts. 

Last night I noticed how big and bright the moon was and my girlfriend Amber mentioned that it was a full moon tonight. I looked up the full moon phases and it was actually a full moon last night, on the 7th. I remember our wedding night, October 7th 2006, also had a full moon hanging in the skies above us. While looking up the full moon phases right now, I happened to check the January 2009 full moon day  Yep, it was the 11th. Weird. Next month the full moon occurs 55 minutes after my birthday. Oh and in December there are 2 full moons. The second? On New Year's Eve, Will's birthday. Interesting. After this year, no full moons on special dates until 2013 when it lands on Patrick's birthday, November 17th. I think full moons are my new favorite thing for this year. 


Miss you like crazy babe.

18 comments:

Courtney said...

in my line of work, they mean busy nights full of crazy people. But I think I will look at them in a different way now :-) I know its been a long road but you are so great and so strong and a lot of women (and men!) look up to you! Xoxo

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is crazy about the full moons! I cannot believe it has been six months. I am always thinking about you and the babies and my heart breaks thinking of all that P is missing and all that you are missing. You are doing an amazing job and P would be so proud!!!

Rebecca said...

wow! That is really interesting about the moons. I too, will look at them differently. Keep going, you are so strong.

jenni from the blog said...

It's crazy to think about all the things that happen b/c of the moon. Carter was born on a full moon (7.18.08)... I know it makes for very busy hospitals.

Shannon Dew said...

Wow that is so crazy but also really cool at the same time. You are so strong. Always praying for you.

Amanda #1 said...

That means that Will's bday falls on a Blue Moon this year.

Jill said...

I have a tendancy of crying when I read your posts. Not because of me. It's because I'm so terribly sorry and sad for you. For your kids and for your family.

I was doing okay when I read this post, although was hit hard when you said those Lasts in the beginning. Then you closed it with "miss you like crazy babe" and I lost it. So now I'm sitting here at my desk in tears.

Erynn, I pray for you and think about you all the time. If I could run over and hug you right now, I would but I don't even know where you are, so just accept this virtual hug.

I can't even imagine the tears that you shed. You are so strong.

MrsKBJ said...

That is so neat about the full moons. I can't believe it has been 6 months! I am sure Patrick was watching from above with a big smile when Will hit the ball and when Reese was born. *hugs*

Shelbie Molnar said...

I want to hug you right now. I always have to pick the right time to read your blog knowinging it will make me cry. I didn't even know Pat but seeing what an amazingly strong woman you are and what a great mom you are, your strength continues to blow me away!
I think about you and the kids daily and I'm so sorry your living this nightmare! XOXO

Shelbie Molnar said...

By the way, my birthday falls on a full moon this year.

Amber said...

Aw I worried I upset you when I mentioned that. It was just something I had noticed and I always think of him when I see full moons. Always thinking of you, all of you, xoxo.

erynn said...

hopeful #1: your comments always bring tears to my eyes... but in a good way. It's amazing the love and support we get from people we have never met and don't even 'know'. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

"Half a year" sounds so long--but I know for you it is not. I remember when I heard about the accident a day after it happened and it seems like only a few weeks' ago. You are such an amazing lady - strong, insightful, creative...the list goes on. Your two children are so very lucky to have you as their mother and the Rooneys are very lucky to have you as a DIL and SIL. I know your courage gives them courage. May God continue to shower his blessings on all of you.

Shannon Dew said...

Erynn, I wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog today. Don't feel like you have to respond or keep it going, I just wanted you to know you are truly an inspiration to me and many others. I hope you don't mind.

Bren said...

Just one of the many little things you'll find to bring a smile, a happy memory, something to look forward to, and something to remind you he's looking out for you. Thinking of you as always. I guess I never knew P's bday as I didn't realize that Robert's bday is only 2 days before his. Just thought it was interesting after we had the same EDD, both overdue after leaving the same OB and the kids having almost the same bday (still jealous that Will made it out faster than A did).

Melissa said...

Do you remember that night shortly after the accident we had fro-yo and you were talking about signs? You said you weren't looking for them, but knew someday you would get one. I think you have found your sign!
P is looking out over you and the babies.
((HUGS))

Erynn said...

Melissa~ I do remember that!

Wendy said...

very cool about the moon! and as always... Amber is such a hippie!