Monday, February 1, 2010

Breakeven

I heard this song after dropping Will of at preschool the other day.. killed me.. but became my new favorite song.



I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in
'Cause I got time while she got freedom
'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven

Her best days will be some of my worst
She finally met a man that's gonna put her first
While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven, even, no

What am I suppose to do
When the best part of me was always you and

What am I suppose to say
When I'm all choked up and you're okay

I'm falling to pieces, yeah
I'm falling to pieces

They say bad things happen for a reason
But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

'Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving
And when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven, even, no

What am I gonna do
When the best part of me was always you

And what am I suppose to say
When I'm all choked up and you're okay

I'm falling to pieces, yeah
I'm falling to pieces, yeah
I'm falling to pieces
(One's still in love while the other one's leaving)
I'm falling to pieces
('Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven)

You got his heart and my heart and none of the pain
You took your suitcase, I took the blame
Now I'm tryna make sense of what little remains, oh
'Cause you left me with no love and no love to my name

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in
'Cause I got time while she got freedom
'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't break
No it don't break, no it don't breakeven, no


What am I gonna do
When the best part of me was always you

And what am I supposed to say
When I'm all choked up and you're okay

I'm falling to pieces, yeah
I'm falling to pieces, yeah
I'm falling to pieces
(One's still in love while the other one's leaving)
I'm falling to pieces
('Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven)

Oh, it don't breakeven, no
Oh, it don't breakeven, no
Oh, it don't breakeven, no


Breakeven, by The Script

14 comments:

Ams said...

I LOVE this song... gave me goosebumps just now :)

jenni from the blog said...

Oh, I love that song. I heard it for the first time over the weekend!

Amber said...

when I heard this song I thought about you. I always think about you must feel certain songs

jess lloyd said...

E ... I often think of you when I hear that song .... have you heard that song "Lullaby" by Jack Johnston? I always think of you when I hear it ... I heard it when Patrick first passed, and I always thought it would be something he would sung to you and the babies if he could ... if you have a chance get a hold of it ... it's a song Jack Johnston wrote for his family when he is away from them ... it's very beautiful ... I always think of you when I play it. Thinking of you lovely one ... xoxoxooxxoox

Caitlin said...

I love this song, but think it is so sad. This line always gets me.. "What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?"

(The song The End Where I Begin is also really good. You should listen to it :) )

Shelley said...

so very true.

Cathleen said...

Just listened to this song on LaLa...Oh my!

Britt said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Erynn,

I don't know you and you don't know me. I just wish I could come and give you a hug and take away some of your pain. Even if I couldn't take it, I wish I could carry it on my shoulders for a little bit.

julie said...

Nothing I could say would help...(((hugs)) Erynn.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

INCREDIBLE song ... :(

Ams said...

I love your new layout btw :) Your kids are stinkin' cute!

Joanne Stone said...

Hi Erynn,

I LOVE the new look of your blog! Will looks like such a little man now. He's just adorable! Soon, Reese will look like a little girl. . . where does the time go?
As for the song. . . there are certain songs that capture a moment in your life or speak to your heart. (I'm sure you already have some like this.) These songs will bring you back to a place and time in your life no matter how many years down the road you hear them. I'm sure this song will do that for you. I just hope at some point you can hear it and find comfort and smile to yourself to know that you had such a wonderful man in your life who gave you such amazing children. Don't get me wrong. . . this process will take years, but I do hope it comes to you someday.

Still thinking of you every day on my "doggie" walk. . .

XOXOXO
Joanne

Glenda said...

I love that song! have a great weekend with your 2 beautiful kiddos! XXX