"Good for one night of waking up with William Patrick Rooney IV" or "Good for one diaper change of William Patrick Rooney IV." Actually, there were 5 total of those ones! Thinking back, they would have come in handy in the middle of the night! My favorite one is "Good for one evening of Daddy cooking dinner while watching William Patrick Rooney IV" I would have paid to see that happen!
Actually, I just wish I had the chance to use all these gift certificates. Now I've just filed them in a safe place to show Will & Reese what their daddy did for me.
Here is Will on my 1st Mother's Day last year.

For my 2nd Mother's Day it was just another 1st, another holiday without them. I imagine the year of 1st events is going to be extremely difficult, some more than others. I guess I wasn't too worried about Mother's Day this year... it being a day about moms, it wasn't focused on Patrick. I'm sure Father's Day will be a different story.
We headed down to Palm Springs for the weekend. Maybe to somewhat mask the holiday so that we weren't sitting at home, thinking about our loss all weekend. Traveling with Will hasn't been easy lately. He doesn't sleep well anywhere besides his own crib. Although I can't really blame him, nothing like your own bed. Will woke up at 2:30am and decided to stay up for 2 hours. After we fell back to sleep together, I woke up at 5am and as I was putting him back in his Pack n' Play, Reese woke up for a feeding, which of course woke him back up. I was ready to pull my hair out. So between Will and Reese both waking up numerous times Mother's Day eve/morning, I couldn't help but think if only Patrick were here to help me out. I pictured him tending to Will while I took care of Reese. Or if he felt like being super-dad, he would have taken them BOTH on, so mama could sleep in on Mother's Day!
I thought he would have slept better, considering how hard he played! He was pretty much outside or in the pool all day. I tried to tell him it was important to keep his hat on, and while it lasted for a short while...

I guess the hat got in the way of this

so he decided this was a better place for it.

This was Will's choice lounging spot for the weekend...

so much, that when it came time to get out of the pool, he showed me how he really felt...

so I let him enjoy his bath wherever he wanted.

gotta love that J&J smell.

This Mother's Day I was grateful for my 2 beautiful and healthy kids.. but also wishing Patrick was here to spoil me on my special day.
Here is Will on my 1st Mother's Day last year.
For my 2nd Mother's Day it was just another 1st, another holiday without them. I imagine the year of 1st events is going to be extremely difficult, some more than others. I guess I wasn't too worried about Mother's Day this year... it being a day about moms, it wasn't focused on Patrick. I'm sure Father's Day will be a different story.
We headed down to Palm Springs for the weekend. Maybe to somewhat mask the holiday so that we weren't sitting at home, thinking about our loss all weekend. Traveling with Will hasn't been easy lately. He doesn't sleep well anywhere besides his own crib. Although I can't really blame him, nothing like your own bed. Will woke up at 2:30am and decided to stay up for 2 hours. After we fell back to sleep together, I woke up at 5am and as I was putting him back in his Pack n' Play, Reese woke up for a feeding, which of course woke him back up. I was ready to pull my hair out. So between Will and Reese both waking up numerous times Mother's Day eve/morning, I couldn't help but think if only Patrick were here to help me out. I pictured him tending to Will while I took care of Reese. Or if he felt like being super-dad, he would have taken them BOTH on, so mama could sleep in on Mother's Day!
I thought he would have slept better, considering how hard he played! He was pretty much outside or in the pool all day. I tried to tell him it was important to keep his hat on, and while it lasted for a short while...
I guess the hat got in the way of this
so he decided this was a better place for it.
This was Will's choice lounging spot for the weekend...
so much, that when it came time to get out of the pool, he showed me how he really felt...
so I let him enjoy his bath wherever he wanted.
gotta love that J&J smell.
This Mother's Day I was grateful for my 2 beautiful and healthy kids.. but also wishing Patrick was here to spoil me on my special day.
7 comments:
I lost my husband suddenly over fifteen months ago leaving me with four children ranging from 1 1/2 to 9 years old. I have passed that one year mark but still feel Matt's absence, especially on ALL the holidays and birthdays and anniversaries and think about how things should have been. Yesterday my son turned 4 yrs old and it about killed me because Matt was not here with us and because the memories of the birth was overwhelming. Just know that you are not alone. And you can get thru this, even if it is alone. The kid's smiles are a real pick-me-up and happy reminder of their father.
Beautiful pictures Erynn! I especially love the one of W making the fountain - too funny.
You really are an amazing woman and mother, and even though P wasn't there to spoil you, I hope you did get a little bit of pampering from your family. :)
Aww i love those pics!
P would have loved nothing more than you spoil you on your day. I think that is so cute that he make you a coupon book.
I wonder how people get kids to keep hats on??? Do you put sunscreen in his hair? I do that with L, but maybe there is a better way??
aw I am so sad to even think how that felt with out P. Those pics are Will are so cute, he is the cutest little boy.
These pics are beyond adorable.
As hard as it must be for you on many days you are an amazing mom to Will and Reese.
Thanks for sharing Erynn.
Will is getting so big.
Post a Comment