Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4 years?

I was looking through our wedding program tonight.. I spent so much time on these damn things! I can't believe it will already be 4 years this October. In 3 short years I had a baby, lost my husband and had another baby. How is that possible?

Our programs were multi pages and in the middle we both wrote a little paragraph to each of our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Reading what Patrick wrote to his brothers brings tears to my eyes... even as I type this. He told Sean that the "best times of my life are when we are together." and he was " so proud of your accomplishments in baseball. You are living my dream and I pray that you are happy in whatever you may do in the future." I know Sean could really use P's big brother support and guidance right now.

He told Colin that he felt he always needed to "look after and protect you." And even though he has grown and matured before his eyes, he still had to "look after you." I wish with everything inside me that Patrick could be here, to support and watch over his brothers that he loved so much.

I miss the moments of when we'd all be together under roof, the boys quoting movies, laughing and just having a good time together. When your 90 year old grandpa dies (no offense!), your world keeps going. When 1/3 of your family dies, your world dies with them.

9 comments:

Amber's Notebook said...

P had so much passion and love for everyone around him. I saw that all the time when we talked, or you talked about your life. You and Debbie and your mom are doing a wonderful job keeping that same positive energy in your lives, and going big on everything just like P and Bill, even with such big holes in your hearts.

Katie said...

I am so sorry.

valerie said...

You are an inspiration. I think of you often and love to see your updates on your blog. Your children are adorable too. Take it a day at time you are a strong and beautiful woman inside and out.

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog and your MIL's have a huge lump in my throat that I can't get rid of. My heart breaks for both of you.

Courtney said...

i cant believe its coming up on 4 years. I feel like it was just yesterday we were talking NON STOP about getting engaged, since we were going through it together. I wish I had the right words now in this situation to say I understand and everything will work out. Some how the words just aren't the same this time around. But like always, I am thinking and praying for you daily. Love u!

Jill said...

You will always have his kind words to read and that has to be a little bit comforting. Knowing how good he was to you and how good he was to his family and friends.

What a great guy!

Lucky Girl said...

Even though I don't know you, I think of you and your kids often... I'm sending you hugs tonight :)

Mrs. S said...

just found your blog! you are very strong! know that he is shining down on you and your children!

Joanne Stone said...

Your feelings are entirely understandable! Patrick's death had far reaching consequences to not only you and his children but his entire family and friends. This is truly senseless!

I keep hoping I'll run into you around town so I can give you a neighborly hug!!!!!!

Hang in there, girl!