Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Memories: oh boy

At dinner tonight my dad and I were talking about pregnant women and their Buddha bellies. I was reminiscing how miserable I felt just about this time 2 years ago... and I still had another 4+ weeks to go until Will's birth. At this point, 2 years ago, I couldn't sleep in our bed. Laying flat hurt too much so I slept on our recliner in the family room instead. Rather than enjoy the whole bed to himself, Patrick joined me in the family room, making the couch his new bed for the next 4 weeks. I kept telling him he didn't have to sleep out there with me, knowing he had to get up for work the next morning. But he slept out there until the morning I went into labor with Will, on New Year's Eve.

I remember begging my doctor to induce me the second I was past my due date. This big belly had me in tears, pure misery... @ 40 weeks and 1 day.
only to do it all over again 6 months after Will's birth. Oye!

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe that was two years ago! How sweet of P to sleep on the couch just to be near you!

Shelley said...

What a sweet husband.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, loving young man he was--there aren't that many out there that would be that thoughtful.

jenni from the blog said...

Look at that belly!! I can't imagine going past my due date. I was crying every night starting at 37w, lol. Luckily Carter was born at 38w even (but still, he was 9.5lbs so I think I had a reason to cry, hehe.)

Beautiful! And how very sweet of Patrick too =)

Amber said...

you look so good though!!40 weeks, wowza!

Glenda said...

P was true love. He showed it in everything he did for you! What a sweetheart! Beautiful! and you look amazing for 40wks!

Anonymous said...

P was a good man!!!!!

Often I have thought about you falling pregnant months after you had Will and I am convinced that it was all a part of God's plan to give you everything you need.. Yes, life has a weird way of working out, but everything has a way of falling into place..

bagfashionista said...

oh, i remember those days!!! i was about a week overdue and i remember thinking, "oh, just come OUT already!!"

erynn said...

Anonymous: He was a great man! I got very lucky.

It is definitely God's plan and I remember just accepting that after the shock wore off once I learned I was pregnant with Reese. It's just easier to accept it then, in that situation, than it is now.

Unknown said...

Erynn, I just came across this poem and wanted to share it with you.

"Since Heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel I'm so alone;
and though we now are far apart
you hold a big piece of my heart.
I never knew how much I'd grieve
when it was time for you to leave,
or just how much my heart would ache
from that one fragment you would take.
God lets this tender hole remain
reminding me we'll meet again,
and one day all the pain will cease
when He restores this missing piece.
He'll turn to joy my every tear
and when I wear this necklace near,
it will become my special way
to treasure our Reunion Day. "

Jess L said...

You were so cute pregnant E! You did NOT look 40 weeks there

Shannon Dew said...

Awe what a sweetie for sleeping on the couch with you!

Courtney said...

P was such a good husband! And Reese is DEF your miracle Babe!

MrsKBJ said...

That was so nice for Patrick to sleep on the couch- very thoughtful and sweet! I can't believe Will is almost 2!

Katie said...

Erynn,

I stumbled across your blog because I just found out that I am pregnant and was looking for mommy bloggers that have posted on the adjustment from 1 to 2 kiddos.

As I read your incredible journey of love, faith, and grief, I found myself in awe of you. You are such a very strong woman, an inspiration to others. You are a wonderful wife and mom, and a tribute to your husband and his memory.

I know that there will be some times of adjustment for me as we grow our family, but I will always keep you and your strength in mind. In the face of everything, you have remained strong and resilient. Your grace and dignity is something to aspire to.

I hope it helps to know that a complete stranger is thinking of you and keeping you and your precious family in my prayers.

Hugs,
Katie

Jasmine said...

You look fabulous as an expectant Mommy! And what a beautiful memory of your selfless, caring husband (if only all the men in the world loved and cherished their wives that way.) Thank you for sharing.